: EnglishShort Description
: In the ever-growing healthcare industry, qualified Clinical Medical Assistants are some of the most highly sought after prospective employees. Assistants trained in OB/GYN practice in particular are highly desired due to their expertise in working with women in the various stages of pregnancies. Any individual who becomes a highly trained OB/GYN Medical Assistant has a distinct advantage in the competitive healthcare job market, and is ready to flourish in a variety of healthcare environments including OB/GYN offices and clinics, hospitals, and outpatient/ambulatory care facilities.
Students who complete the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant with OB/GYN Specialization course will develop mastery over the three most crucial medical skill sets necessary for any successful OB/GYN assistant:
(1) Clinical Medical Assisting, including patient preparation for examination, sample collection, patient instruction, and medicine administration;
(2) Phlebotomy, or the practice of performing bloodwork tests, and
(3) Electrocardiogram Proficiency, including the use of specialized equipment to measure and monitor heart conditions. Students will also have the opportunity to conduct a specialized clinical externship at a local healthcare provider, if desired. Students who complete the course will be given an exam voucher for the National Healthcareer Association's Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Certification.Instructor Description
: This course provides students with certified, skilled facilitators to guide them through their learning experience. Facilitators who are well trained in a unique mastery methodology. The course facilitator is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Facilitators also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement.Certification
: Included with this program, students receive an exam voucher for the nationally recognized certification from National Healthcareer Association (NHA): Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
All required reference materials are provided with this program. Technical requirements:
• Broadband or High-Speed (DSL, Cable, Wireless)
• Processor - 2GHz Processor or Higher
• Memory - 1 GB RAM Minimum Recommended
• Operating Systems - Windows 7, 8 or 10; Mac OS x 10 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 or 2013 or a Word Processing application to save and open Microsoft Office formats (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)
• Internet Browsers - Google Chrome is highly recommended
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Adobe PDF Reader