: Do you love being around children? Have you ever thought about becoming a child care worker or wondered if you could start a home day care business? Child day care management distance learning course can provide you with the information to take the first step toward earning an attractive child care worker salary.
With our child day care management distance learning course, you can learn the key concepts involved in being a child care worker. You could even learn some basic ideas on how to start a home day care business!
A child care worker is a special person who helps children grow, learn, and gain new skills every day. A child care worker also provides behavioral and emotional support so children feel safe and comfortable while with a child care worker.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the elements involved in starting a daycare business
• Comprehend the requirements and considerations for planning a daily schedule
• Identify methods for generating enrollment, solving common problems, and setting professional goals
• Identify methods and considerations for developing a curriculum
• Define example activities for early childhood curriculumInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Child Day Care Management course, students will be prepared for a job in the Child Day Care industry and, in part, for the education requirements to become a Child Development Associate (CDA) and/or NCCB’s Certified Child Care Worker (CCCW).
Candidates seeking to apply for CDA assessment must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Hold a high school diploma or GED
• Have 480 hours of experience working with children within the past five years
• Have 120 clock hours of formal child care education within the past five years
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• How to Start a Home-Based Day-Care Business by Shari Steelsmith
• Early Education Curriculum: A Child''s Connection to the World by Hilda Jackman