: This program includes two modules:
Direct Support Professional
Coaching: Transforming Business & Personal Lives
Direct Support Professionals provide care for individuals with developmental and or physical disabilities in a number of settings including group homes, day programs, home & community based services, and vocational rehabilitation. Students will learn methods for providing assistance with living skills development, health maintenance, medication administration, personal care, and behavioral development. This course will teach current and future Direct Support Professionals methods for developing individuals’ basic living and social skills with the primary goal of integrating them into the community to the best of their ability. This course is designed for entry-level Direct Support Professionals.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the role of the Direct Support Professional
• Identify methods for supporting activities of daily living
• Identify methods for empowering clients and providing the care they prefer
• Comprehend the importance of supporting community inclusion as much as possible
• Identify methods for providing care to support clients’ physical and mental health
The coaching profession continues to evolve as a skill set and communication form that can be applied to many situations at work and in life. With the coaching profession on the rise it is important that coaches are trained in the most up-to-date methods of coaching their clients. This course uses the Co-Active Coaching Model to help you develop your skills in communication, relationships, and coaching to achieve transformational change in others. Our course is based on humanistic and transpersonal psychological principles. You will discover the skills and tools you need to create an ideal coaching environment to bring fulfillment and balance to those you coach.
After completing this course you will:
Recall the fundamentals of co-active coaching and each of its four cornerstones
List ways to succeed using co-active coaching contexts
Identify co-active coaching principles and practices
Recognize tips for structuring the coaching business and how to make it a professionInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Not Applicable.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer